14 Dec Important Door to Door Advertising Statistics
Important Door to Door
The vast majority of businesses rely on advertising and marketing to bring in revenue, and eventually grow. For most businesses, the most difficult task is choosing what marketing effort will yield the greatest return on investment. In the age of the internet, many will turn to digital marketing. There’s no arguing that it’s a great way to reach a wide audience. However, there’s something to be said for employing a more hands on method, such as door to door advertising. So how do you know if a door hanging service is the right advertising approach for your business? Let’s explore further.
Door to door Advertising benefits
As with any marketing effort, you should always look at the pros and cons of the method you plan to employ, to ensure that it’s the right fit for your business. Here are some of the benefits of door to door advertising.
• It is considered to be cost effective compared to other flyer methods, such as direct mail.
• It’s extremely hard to ignore a door hanger on your door knob. You can’t get in the house without turning the handle, so it’s impossible to miss.
• There’s room for add-ons (think business cards, coupons, flyers, magnets, samples.)
• The delivery of the door hanger is targeted. Only the demographic you specify or the neighborhoods identified will receive one.
• They’re trackable. You can include a coupon code or some other code to track who is redeeming the offer.
• There are no size limitations. They don’t need to fit in a traditional envelope so you can choose whatever style you want.
Will door hanger advertising work for your business?
Once you’ve reviewed the benefits, you need to decide whether or not you think it’ll work for your specific business. The good news is that it works for most businesses. If you’re looking to target potential customers in local neighborhoods, it can be especially effective. Here are just a few examples of businesses it could work well for:
• Real estate agents
• Lawn care and landscaping services
• Car washes and other automotive services
• Painters, roofers and other contractors
The above is just a small sample of the various types of businesses a door hanging service could work for. It’s not as much the type of business that determines success, but rather the following elements:
• How good is your offer?
• How does your potential customer perceive the offer?
• What does the final product look like (quality of design, copy, and printing)?
• Are you targeting the right customers?
These factors will determine your door to door advertising campaign results. You’ll be able to monitor the statistics of the campaign to measure success.
So what is considered a successful campaign?
Every business is going to have different goals. What might be considered a success to one business may not be considered one for another. The good news though is that since door hangers are a relatively inexpensive marketing method, you can see as much as a 5% return on investment. This is considered good since the average flyer response rate is usually between 1 and 3%.
Further food for thought is that a good campaign goes beyond the initial return on investment. Once you’ve acquired a new customer, you can keep making further sales to them in the future. A loyal customer can bring in much revenue over a lifetime if you can retain them. Door to door advertising is a good way to get them in the door.